Everyone Loves A Parade
Yarrow celebrates its 48th Annual Yarrow Days on June 2, pancakes, music and family fun
he sleepy little enclave of Yarrow explodes to life June 2-3 welcoming the Lower Mainland to come out for some fun and entertainment for the whole family.
The 48th Annual Yarrow Days is jam-packed with festivities. From the Parade and Classic Car Show to the Dinner & Dance on Saturday, to Loaded Skillet Breakfast and Interdenominational Church Service in Yarrow Pioneer Park on Sunday, there truly is something for everyone.
“Yarrow Days is and always has been a
fundraiser for the community, but it is also so much more,” says long-time
committee member Carol Bell. “It is about bringing our community together
for some fun and festivities, and it is also about showing visitors to
Yarrow Days what our little town is all about: humble hospitality and a
really good time.”
Many of the events around town are free to attend, including the ever-popular parade on Saturday morning as well as the jam-packed entertainment stage in Yarrow Pioneer Park on Saturday Afternoon.
Some events, such as the Dinner & Dance and Skillet Breakfast do have an entry fee. In addition, there is also merchandise for sale as well as tickets for kids games, a concession stand serving up BBQ, and so on.
8 AM - Yarrow Family 2K and 5K Family Fun Run. Be active. Enjoy Nature. Kick off Yarrow Days on our lovely local river trails.
• Registration by donation
• Gather at the Community Hall (4670 Community St.) parking lot at 8 AM for warm-up and registration. Run to follow.
10 AM - Parade!
• Leaves from Yarrow Community School at 10 am.
• Yarrow Central Rd. closes just before 10 so be sure to get to Yarrow on time!
• 2018 theme: Knights & Dragons.
• Parade entries are due May 30th. Download entry form pdf file here.
Festivities move to Yarrow Pioneer Park after the parade
Emcee: Jim Brenner
• 11:00 Opening Ceremonies / O Canada Joy Kreigh
• Address by MP Mark Strahl, MLA John Martin & City councilor Ken Popove
• Presentation of Yarrow Volunteer Society Bursary—Recipient: Kourtney Trill
• 11:15 Mennonite Educational Institute Marching Band
• 11:45 Dance Fixx Line Dancing
• 12:30 Ever After Princesses- featuring Rapunzel and Elsa
• 1:00 Bhangra Dancers – thank you Terry Sidhu!
• 1:30 Chris & Karen Rewind—Best of the 60’s and 70’s
• 2:00 Six Degrees - jazz/blues/pop ensemble from Vancouver Thank you Joy Kreigh
Entertainment all day at the park
Craft Booths, Kids’ games, Cake Walk, BBQ , Pony Rides, Climbing Wall, Imagination Station
Book your table fill out the downloadable form here.
Show & Shine
Yarrow Alliance Church, 42479 Yarrow Central after the parade. Details here.
Yarrow Community School (4595 Wilson Rd.)
Registration deadline is May 25, 2018. Details and registration
Dinner & Dance (19+) 7 PM
Yarrow Community Hall (4670 Community St.)
Fire roasted pork buffet; Dance with Full Tilt rock & blues, 8 PM; Bar & 50/50. Tickets in advance from Perfekt Deli (42181 Yarrow Central Rd.) or at the door, $25.
Sunday June 3rd
• 8 - 11 AM Loaded skillet and pancake breakfast! At the Yarrow Community Centre (4670 Community Street). Adults $8. Kids under 12 $5. Tots under five free. Hosted by Yarrow Mennonite Brethren Church.
• 11 AM Interdenominational Church service at Yarrow Pioneer Park! All are welcome. Co-hosted by Yarrow Mennonite Brethren, Yarrow United Mennonite, Yarrow Alliance.
About Yarrow Volunteer Society
Yarrow Days is proudly put on by the Yarrow Volunteer Society. All proceeds go back into the community, primarily to maintain and enhance the Yarrow Community Hall which is a hub of activity for Yarrowites of all ages and interests.
For more information, visit the website
Connect on Facebook here.
© 2008-2018 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved