Tuesday, July 17, 2012

 

Fire News

A Clothes Call 

Belt fire caused by overloaded dryer forces Victoria Ave apt evacuation

Staff/Voice photos

 

Tenants on Victoria Avenue wait for the all clear from firefighters.

 

esidents of an apartment building in the 45000 block of Victoria Ave. evacuated  the complex after smoke filled the lower floor hallways just before noon on Monday.

 

City of Chilliwack Fire crews were on the scene within minutes and determined that the belt in an overloaded dryer caught fire on the main floor.

 

Luckily, damage was confined to the machine only and did not spread to the structure.

 

 

 

Copyright (c) 2012 The Valley Voice