Home    Dec News    Horoscopes     Crime    Fishing Report    Links    About

 

 

 

  Thursday, Feb 22, 2018 

Fire News

Apt Unit Cooked

Sprinklers douse kitchen fire at assisted living care facility

By Chris Wilson, Asst. Fire Chief, Google image

 

Google Streetview image.

 

 stovetop blaze that broke out at a care facility in the 45000-block of Mcintosh Drive Wednesday evening was brought under control by the unit's sprinkler system and fire damage was limited to the cooking area and cupboards around the stove in the kitchen.

"Without a working sprinkler system in place, this fire had the potential of causing extensive fire, smoke and water damage to the care facility", said Chris Wilson, Assistant Chief, Emergency Preparedness, Chilliwack Fire Department (CFD) in a release Thursday. "The presence of an automatic fire sprinkler system in conjunction with a working smoke alarm greatly reduces the risk of being injured or dying in a fire."

The unit was heavily damaged by water and it took crews working with wetvacs in the bitter cold 3 hours to mop it up.

No residents or firefighters were injured in the call. CFD is investigating.

 

 


2008-2018 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved