Wednesday February 29, 2012

From the Editor

For the Record

McSween Rd. home no grow operation 

By C Hill

 

he Voice reported on a fire earlier this week in a home on McSween Rd. Initial reports from two sources indicated that the there was possibly a medicinal marijuana grow-op in the home, and that it had not been confirmed by fire or police.

Since then, we have learned from the owner directly, that there was no grow-op and the fire accidentally began in the crawl space and spread to the rest of the home. Because the fire was in the crawl space, responders and neighbours on the scene thought that it may have had something to do with a grow-op. Fear of an electrical fire led to the removal of the meter.

The Voice apologizes for any embarrassment this story has caused the family and we appreciate them contacting us. By all accounts this is a family of upstanding individuals and wonderful parents both actively involved the community and the parent advisory committee at their daughter's school.

We also express our sadness at the loss of their beautiful home.

At the Voice, we endeavour to get the details correct in all of our items without any embellishments or exaggerations in the reporting.

The good news in all of this, is that insurance will cover their losses and their home will be even better than before.

 

Copyright (c) 2012 The Valley Voice