Monday February 20, 2012

Fire News

Corbould St Fire

Resident loses dog and everything else Saturday in blaze possibly sparked by electrical short

Released by Ian Josephson, Chwk FD

 

This townhouse was boarded up after it caught fire Saturday and sadly, the resident lost everything including pet dog.

 

ust after 4pm yesterday, a passerby reported a fire in a townhouse in the 9300 block of Corbould Street. Upon arrival, firefighters from Chilliwack Hire Halls 1 and 4 found a 2- storey townhouse fully involved.

 

Fire crews managed to knock the fire down and control it before it extended into the adjacent unit.


The owner was not home at the time of the fire. Unfortunately her dog was found deceased.
The townhouse was severely damaged by fire and smoke and is not habitable. The adjacent townhouse suffered minor smoke damage.


There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.


Cause of the fire is considered accidental. Chilliwack fire investigators and BC Safety Authority electrical inspectors are continuing their investigation.

 

 

Copyright (c) 2012 The Valley Voice