Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Firefighters douse smouldering fire in truck
A female firefighter deals with a stubborn electrical blaze Monday.
he heavy acrid smell of burning plastic permeated the air in the 9100 block of Mary St. Monday at around 12 noon, after a Chevy Blazer parked in a lot there began to smoulder.
The bewildered driver, who'd only been away a few minutes, stood by and watched as Chilliwack firefighters accessed the vehicle and got the hood up.
Even though crews managed to get a handle on the situation before the entire truck became engulfed, it still sustained a considerable amount of damage.
See more photos below.
© Copyright (c) 2012 The Valley Voice