Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Condo Fire Scare
Residents evacuated after fireplace malfunctions
Fire and police deal with a malfunctioning fireplace Monday.
t around 11 A.M. Monday, City of Chilliwack fire fighters responded to reports of black smoke venting from condo in the 9000 block of Edward St.
The building was evacuated and when crews arrived, it was discovered that a gas fireplace had malfunctioned.
The owner was not at home at the time and the fire department left a note not to use the fireplace until it was repaired.
Download Fortis BC's Fireplace Safety and maintenance brochure here.
© Copyright (c) 2012 The Valley Voice