Tuesday August 2, 2011

Fire News

Faulty Ceiling Lamp To Blame For Blaze

Home owners lucky after fire contained to attic

Released by Jeff Ullyot, CFD

 

he City of Chilliwack Fire Department attended to a fire in the bathroom of a home in 47000 block of Greenhill Road at approximately 2330 hours on Sunday, August 31, 2011.

Damage to the building is minimal and is limited to the ceiling area in the bathroom. Preliminary investigation into the cause of the fire appears to be a faulty ceiling heat lamp that malfunctioned and subsequently ignited the insulation in the attic space. BC Safety Authority, (Electrical Division), and the Fire Department are continuing their investigation.

The two occupants at home at the time of the fire evacuated unharmed. There were no fire fighter injuries.

 

Copyright (c) 2011 The Valley Voice