Monday, April 6, 2015

Fire Dept News

Stove Scorched 

Fire Chief urges more care while cooking

Released by Asst. Fire Chief J. MacDonald/Voice photos

 

An elderly resident watches as smoke billows out from an apartment Sunday after a cooking fire.

 

n April 5, 2015 at approximately 5:40 p.m., the Chilliwack Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire located in the 46000-block of Chilliwack Central Road.

 

On-arrival, fire crews made entry into a smoke-filled first floor suite of a multi-tenant building and evacuated the single occupant. The fire was quickly extinguished with damage restricted to the kitchen stove and surrounding cabinets.

 

As a precaution, the occupant was transported to the hospital and later was assisted by Emergency Social Services who provided emergency lodging. There were no firefighter injuries.

 

Fire department officials urge residents to ensure that stove tops are always kept clear of flammables and when cooking and to closely monitor the process.

 

See more photos below.

 

Copyright (c) 2009-2015 The Valley Voice