Monday, Sept. 1, 2014
Between the Lines
Conservative survey chicanery
Submitted by Myrtle MacDonald, Chwk
filled out your survey as carefully as possible. Many of the questions
included hidden assumptions that could have tricked me into agreeing to
dangerous policies. The smooth generalities vaguely cover up allowing
non-democratic actions. Naive people are deceived.
What are the Conservative party going to do about the real issues, as
1. Government must control multinational corporations. At present the
conservatives are intimidated by them, and beholden to them.
2. The government seems powerless to prevent payment of massive salaries and
bonuses to executives, in both the civil service and the private sector.
3. Whistle blowers are ostracized from the civil service.
4. The senators who have been caught misspending are just the tip of the
iceberg. Graft is very common by all government employees, not just
senators. Make the TA forms easy to fill out quickly. No clerical staff is
able to do so honestly because she/he was not present at the time. A minimum
flat rate for each day is simple. No receipts are needed. There should be a
sentence to state whether the person had private accommodation rather than a
hotel and restaurants. When I worked in Health and Welfare Canada often
colleagues charged for food and hotel when they had actually stayed with
family or a friend.
5. Stop complex omnibus bills with a variety of issues in Parliament. It is
impossible for MPs to vote yes with integrity to many issues at once.
6. Allow freedom to MPs to vote according to their own conscience.
7. Monsters have been allowed to control our food processing, as follows:
• Genetic modification
of grains, tomatoes, sweet corn, strawberries and other food has
been forced secretly on Canadians.
• Labels on food must start to admit it.
• Synthetic glucose/fructose has been added to almost every
8. The obesity problem is not honestly faced. It is probably due to GM
canola and glucose/fructose in all our food.
9. Air, water and land pollution are serious. Stop the use of fossil fuels
and stop fracking. Subsidize simple, small scale solar energy and geothermal
10. Promote small family farms and marketing of fruit and vegetables locally
and between provinces. The imports from California and Mexico are hard and
tasteless. Heavy trucks make potholes, crowd the highways and hide the
scenery with smog. Therefore tourists stop coming.
11. Build a network of rail lines to serve everyone with light passenger
trains. The cost for 100 km would equal that of 4 km. of sky train.
12. Increase taxes for the super rich and lower them for the poor and the
lower middle class.
Your survey seems either unaware or secretive about all these issues. Wake
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 The Valley Voice