O

 

Home  Horoscopes Crime News Fishing Community Letters Contact

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FIRE NEWS

 

 

UP  IN  SMOKE

 

According to the CFD the blaze was started from grinder and not related to the Marijuana.

 

 

 

 

BARN WITH GROW OP BURNS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

MIKE BOURDON—ASST FIRE CHIEF FP/Google image

FRIDAY—M

 

 

 

n May 25, 2018 at approximately 3:00 pm the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 51000-block of Yale Road.

Fire fighters responded from Halls 1, 2, 4 and 6. On arrival, fire crews saw heavy smoke showing from the eaves and door of a two-storey barn structure and immediately determined that the fire would be a defensive attack. The barn was used to store tools and machinery as well, the second floor was occupied as medical marijuana grow operation.

 

"The owner was working within the barn grinding metal when a spark ignited a section of foam insulation which was used to insulate the barn. The owner trying to extinguisher the fire with a portable fire extinguisher could see that the fire was getting out of control so he exited the building in a safe manner and immediately called 911", said Mike Bourdon, Asst Fire Chief FP

 

Due to the difficulty of trying to access the fire within the barn and to maintain a safe environment for fire fighters, Chilliwack Fire Department with the aid of an excavator operated by a private contractor had to demolish the barn to extinguish the fire.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Chilliwack Fire Department recommends any operations involving open flames or producing heat and or sparks including cutting; welding, brazing, grinding, soldering, etc. should have proper precautions and controls prior to, during, and subsequent to all hot work operations.

 

 

 


© 2008-2018 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved