Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Armstrong Metal Fest ramps it up for July 15-16
Jon Asher, Asher Media
ancouver, BC's double bassist attack SAINTS of DEATH (a name inspired by the Mexican folklore of Santa Muerte (Spanish for Holy Death) are proud to announce they will be performing at this year's Armstrong Metal Fest 2016 taking place from July 15 - 16 in Armstrong, BC and includes some of Western Canada's best in metal such as Archspire, Unleash The Archers and more!
Latest line up details can be found here.
"We at Saints of Death are honored and proud to be a part of the Armstrong Metal Fest this year. Such a great show with a lot of great talent on the bill. If you only can go to one metal fest this summer and are not sure witch one to go to. THIS WILL BE THE ONE TO HIT UP. Sick FAAAAACKIN bands and a great bunch of people running it.
The fans are in for a real treat this year. It’s one big family event and we are so excited to be a part of it. Come on out and raise a toast to the metal gods with Saints of Death. We want to thank everyone for their support not only for our band,but all Canadian metal. The band has really pulled together on stage and off with Stony jumping on with us on the 5 string bass. We are so lucky to have the Crazy French Bastard. We have new songs that are rippin' and we will be playing some at Armstrong, which will be on our 2017 release," says SOD frontman Twan Holliday.
SAINTS OF DEATH released their debut self-titled EP in September 2015. EP Stream and purchase links:
Revolution - Lyric Video - Watch here.
Blood Vendetta (Live) - Watch here.
Angels & Demons - Lyric Video - Watch here.
Track Listing: Saints of Death - Self-Titled EP
SAINTS OF DEATH is a four piece that originally began as a Motorhead tribute band that has now taken the reins to write original material with a double bassist attack and set themselves apart from the pack with their unique heavy sound of thrash, doom and hardcore metal.
Taking their experiences from past bands (Snaggletooth, Scissortooth, Dead End Ascension, Skookum, My Own Chaos, Luciferian Conquest, Torrential Pain, Tides of Honor and Annora), these veterans of the Vancouver scene ready to debut their self-titled EP this September 25, 2015 to introduce metal fans to a new sound coming from the Canadian West coast.
Fronted by vocalist and eight string bassist Twan Holliday, a giant standing nearly 7’ foot tall who can also be recognized for his acting credits in some well-known Hollywood movies and pro wrestling (credits below) is joined by four string bassist Darren Morris, guitarist Phil Henri and Christopher James on drums to complete a ferocious line up.
Aiming to set the bar high with a live behemoth of ampage, backed by a custom light show, SAINTS of DEATH are pushing forward to take on the biggest stages and crowds and win over fans who enjoy headbanging to such bands as Black Sabbath, Lamb of God, Overkill, Motorhead, and Pantera.
Track by track of Saints of Death EP explained by the band:
1. Army of the Dead: This song is written from the perspective of a Viking in battle. Its underlying message is about the battle of life. “Everyone’s born, everyone dies”, we fight hard and strong, live, laugh, love and when it’s our time to die, we die!
2. Doom 5.1: This song is about organized religion and greed.
3. Blood Vendetta: This song is written about blood vendettas around the world. It’s about people being born into war, and fighting wars started by generations before them in order of gaining redemption for their lost family.
4. Revolution: This song is about unity and standing up for what is right! It’s a call to people everywhere to join together and fight for their rights and what’s right through Revolution.
5. Angels and Demons: This song is written about an old man on his deathbed. Not happy with his life he struggles though a battle between the right and wrong he has done and who will take possession of his soul; angels or demons.
Fun Fact: Besides being a musician vocalist / bassist Twan Holliday has acting credits for movies American Mary (2012), The Devils Ground (2009) w/ Darryl Hanna, Stan Helsing (2009) (Leslie Neielson’s last movie), Catwoman (2004) w/ Halle Barry, Psych (TV Show) plus has done stunts on Super Natural (TV Show) and Pathfinder (2007). Twan was also a pro hard-core wrestler of 10 years and was on TV every Saturday at 1pm on KVOS TV12 (Bellingham, WA) plus was asked to train for WWE.
For more info, please visit www.SaintsofDeath.com