Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fire Dept News

Hey, What's Cooking?  

Quick response saves First Ave home from destruction

Released by Asst. Fire Chief M. Bourdon

 

Firefighters got to this home on First Ave. before a kitchen fire destroyed it on Friday.

 

n March 20th at 5:25 p.m., firefighters from Fire Halls 1and 4 responded to a structure fire in the 46000-block of First Avenue. Upon arrival, crews found smoke showing from a two-storey residential house. Firefighters entered the home and quickly suppressed the fire, which had started in the kitchen.

 

There was substantial fire and smoke damage to the kitchen area of the home. The lone occupant in the home, tried to extinguish the fire and was treated and transported to Chilliwack General Hospital for further observations by B.C. Ambulance paramedics.

 

There were no firefighter injuries.

 

Cause of the fire is related to an unattended pot on the stove located in the kitchen area of the home.

 

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind residents, not to leave the kitchen while food is cooking on the stovetop.

 

Read more on what to do if you have a fire in the kitchen on the E-comm website.

 

See more photos below.

 

 

Copyright (c) 2009-2015 The Valley Voice