Thursday, March 12, 2015

Fire Dept News

Rancher Blaze  

Kitchen fire sends a resident to hospital, damages home

Released by Asst. Chief M. Bourdon/Google image

 

 

n March 8th at 4:45 p.m., firefighters from Fire Halls 1, 3, 4 & 6 responded to a structure fire in the 4900-block of Giesbrecht Rd.

 

Upon arrival, fire crews found thick smoke and fire showing from single-storey family residential house. Firefighters entered the home and quickly suppressed the fire. There was extensive fire and smoke damage to the kitchen area of the home.

 

BC Ambulance paramedics treated and transported one occupant to Chilliwack General Hospital for further observations.

 

There were no firefighter injuries.

 

Cause of the fire is related to an unattended pot on the stove located in the kitchen area of the home.

 

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind residents not to leave the kitchen while food is cooking on the stovetop.

 

 

Copyright (c) 2009-2015 The Valley Voice