Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fire News

Charred Chimney

James St. blaze caught in time

Staff/Voice photos

 

A Chilliwack firefighter climbs on to a roof to deal with a chimney fire on Monday.

 

ome chimney fires can do major damage if not caught quickly and can easily spread into the walls, but Chilliwack firefighters made short work of a chimney blaze Monday at a home in the 9300 block of James St. Initial reports indicated that 3-4 foot flames were seen coming out of the chimney.

 

The resident, who had just returned home, told the Voice at the scene that his wife and two children were safe.

 

"The fire started on the bottom floor," he said, adding that he just had the chimney cleaned in June last year.

 

There were no injuries to firefighters who had to access the roof with ladders.

 

 

 

Copyright (c) 2009-2014 The Valley Voice