Saturday, February 20, 2016 

Fire News

On the Safe Side

Bad cook clears apartment building

Staff/Voice photos

 

A firefighter on-scene at the Hawthorne Manor last Thursday.

 

ometimes where there's smoke, there's just burnt food. On Thursday, just after 5 P.M., fire crews rushed to the Hawthorne Apts. on Gore Ave. after a call went out that residents smelled smoke in a hallway.

 

Just to be on the safe side, one of the residents activated a pull-station.

 

The building was evacuated and when firefighters arrived, a check of the building revealed that the smoke was due to some food left on a stove.

 

Residents were told they had to wait for the manager to arrive so crews could access the panel to reset the alarm.

 

 

Copyright (c) 2009-2016 The Valley Voice