Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fire Dept News

Sumas Prairie Blaze 

Resident flees flames and smoke

Released by Asst. Chief James Macdonald, Chilliwack Fire Dept./Google image

 

A cooking fire is suspected as the cause of a house fire Monday.

 

n February 10, 2014 at approximately 7 p.m., the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported house fire located in the 6600 block of Sumas Prairie Road.

 

On arrival, fire crews saw flames venting from the front windows of a small single-storey house. Although the fire was extinguished quickly, there was still significant fire and smoke damage to the interior of the structure.

 

The lone occupant of the house was transported to hospital for possible smoke inhalation and was later released. There were no firefighter injuries.

 

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental due to cooking.

 

 

Copyright (c) 2014 The Valley Voice