Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fire News

Doored

Quick response key to saving Robson home

 Staff/Voice photos

 

Firefighters were under pressure to deal with a stuck door on an attached garage as fire was breaking out inside last Friday.

 

ometimes, it's luck. Sometimes, it's skill. This time, for Chilliwack firefighters and a homeowner, it was a little of both.

 

Just after noon on Friday, fire broke out in the a beautiful home located in the 9500 block of Robson St. It's unclear exactly how the fire started.

 

When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from a partially open double-car garage door. To complicate matters, the door was jammed and access had to be gained through a side door.

 

But, it was a quick response from the Fire Department that saved this home from serious damage. Thankfully the residents got out unharmed and there were injuries to firefighters.

 

See more photos below.

Copyright (c) 2014 The Valley Voice

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for looking.