Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fire Dept News

Restaurant Cooked

Chilliwack Fire Chief says blaze accidental

Released by Mike Bourdon, Asst Fire Chief/Voice photos

 

t 23:19 p.m. last night, firefighters from Chilliwack Fire Halls 1 & 4 responded to a structure fire in the 45000-block of Hocking Avenue.

       

When firefighters arrived, they found a single-storey restaurant fully charged with heavy smoke venting from the kitchen exterior exhaust hood with fire starting to spread throughout the kitchen of the commercial unit.

Firefighters managed to stop the fire from extending to the remainder of the unit.

There is extensive smoke damage throughout the restaurant and to two adjacent commercial units.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries. The fire appears to be accidental at this time.

See more photos below.

Copyright (c) 2009-2014 The Valley Voice