Feature Story                                                                        Wednesday, August 19, 2015

 

Cigarette Suspect in House Fire

Crews save neighbouring home

Released by CFD Fire Chief I. Josephson/Voice photos

 

A young boy watches wide-eyed with neighbours as firefighters tackle the Griffin Dr. house fire crews. What's a photo of a house fire without firefighters in it? It's just a house on fire. You don't have any heroes — women and men willing to give up their lives for yours. Which means you don't have anything. This is the visual story of a fire.

 

t 9:37 P.M., Sunday night, firefighters from fire halls 1 and 4 responded to a structure fire in the 46000-block of Griffin Drive.

 

Upon arrival, fire crews found a fully-involved, single-storey residential home, two storage sheds, RV and hedge.

 

Firefighters worked to contain the fire and prevent it from spreading to neighbouring homes.

 

Four adults were home at the time of the fire, and they managed to safely evacuate.

 

The home, storage sheds, RV and hedge were severely damaged by the fire, with only minor damage to a neighbour’s home.

 

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries. Cause of the fire is accidental and is related to embers from a cigarette.

 

See more photos below.

 

 

The TV still plays despite the roof on fire.

 

 

© Copyright (c) 2009-2015 The Valley Voice