Mayhemingiways Truck driver tunes get you moving.
Mayhemingways duo just released their new album, Skip
Land, February 23, 2018, featuring the single Frances
The Truck Driver. The album was produced by Steve Loree
(Ian Tyson, Corb Lund, Petunia).
Last year the guys joined Joel and Bill Plaskett on their “Solidarity” tour as support and their backing band. Here is a link to check out the new album:
Fan favourites are: Frances, The Truck Driver; a kind of a children’s song about a kid driving a transport truck across Canada, Troubles In The Basement; a song about the dark side of the party and Haybales; a song about the fall and the coming cold months).
The duo really jumps out to people with their incredible kitchen party vibe, storytelling and the lead vocalist Benj’s voice. There is a bit of The Pogues, a bit of Lowest of the Low, and a little vibe of The Decemberists on this new album.
A few key points on the new album and band:
• the duo were roadies for Neil Young’s Hometown show in Omemee this past fall
(also got to meet Darryl Hannah)
• album recorded in Nanton, AB
• new album carries on folk art/music traditions
• asks the question what is Fuzz Folk style?
• taps into the idea of ephemeral communication over long distance (CB radio skip talking)
• highlights the Canadian landscape
© 2008-2018 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved