Sunday, April 3, 2016 

Local News

Oops, My Bad!

Contractor mistake shuts down Nowell and Princess

Staff/Voice photo

 

Fire Engine No. 1 blocks the road after a gas main was punctured last week.

 

ll it took was a flick of the wrist and the big scoop on the excavator punched through a natural line.

 

With gas hissing out of the broken line, the worker evacuated the area immediately and bolted to the City of Chilliwack Fire Hall No. 1 on Cheam Ave. where he informed them what had happened.

 

Fire crews rushed to the scene and got the gas shut off and proceeded to block off the Princess Ave until BC Hydro crews could arrive. Thankfully, no one was hurt in the incident.

 

BC Hydro offers a Call Before You Dig service. 

 

For more information, visit www.bconecall.bc.ca or call 1-800-474-6886

 

 

2009-2016 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved