Feature Story                                                            Friday April 1, 2016

 

Early Morning Fire Guts Home

No injuries in "accidental" fire 

Asst. Fire Chief Bourdon/Voice photos

 

Luckily, no one was injured in this devastating fire that left multiple people homeless early Friday.

 

n Friday, April 1st,  at approximately 4 A.M., the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported single-storey multi-family structure fire located in the 9000-block of Broadway St.

 

Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 4 & 6. On-arrival fire crews were met by the owner outside his unit.

 

The tenant indicated that he woke up to extreme heat and black smoke.

 

The tenant did the right thing by not re-entering the home, and quickly called 9-1-1. Other tenants in the building helped with the evacuation.

 

The interior of the suite sustained major fire damage to the roof system and smoke damage throughout.  There were no civilian and or firefighter injuries.

 

Chilliwack Emergency Social Services were called to the scene to help with temporary shelter of residents that were living in the building.

 

 

2009-2016 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved