Saturday, April 16, 2016 

Local News

Don't Fan the Fire

Bad school fixture sends firefighters rushing

Staff/Voice photos 

Firefighters peeled out their hoses at Sardis Elementary last Thursday.

 

moke from a bathroom fan at Sardis Elementary set off alarms and caused the school to be evacuated around 11 A.M. Thursday.

 

While the kids played in the grassy field, crews went to work.

 

Those types of fires spread quickly into roof structures, so firefighters know they've got to act quickly before it travels into the roof, which is more difficult to get at and extinguish.

 

Firefighters were pleased, that luckily, in this case, the fan didn't catch in the roof and they were able to clean it up in short time.

 

See more photos below.

 

 

2009-2016 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for looking.