Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fire Dept News

Propane Bottle Ignites

Westview resident suffers burns to face

Released by CFD Chief Ian Josephson

 

t 2 pm yesterday afternoon, firefighters from fire hall 1 responded to a reported propane tank fire at the 45000 block of Westview Avenue.

 

Upon arrival, crews found a 50 lb. propane tank on fire in the backyard of a single family residential home.

 

The fire was quickly extinguished and the tank cooled.

The homeowner had been inside his shop connecting a propane tank to a space heater. When he went to light the heater, the propane ignited and fire flashed in his face. The homeowner suffered 2nd degree burns. BC Ambulance paramedics attended to the patient.

There was just minor damage to the shop and contents as the owner managed to throw the tank outside after it ignited.

There were no firefighter injuries.

 

Copyright (c) 2013 The Valley Voice