Wednesday, Nov 15, 2017 

Fire News

Woodbine Fire

Garage lost, house saved says fire department

By Michael Bourdan, CFD

 

n November 14, 2017, at approximately 2:45pm, the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 9300-block of Woodbine Street.

When firefighters from halls #1 and #4 arrived on-scene, they found the owner of the property using a garden hose to try and extinguish a fully-involved detached garage fire. Firefighters went into a defensive mode, quickly knocked the fire down and brought it under control before there was any fire damage to the house and surrounding buildings.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

The fire appears to be accidental and is still under investigation by the Chilliwack Fire Dept.

 


2008-2017 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved