Wednesday, Feb 8, 2017 

 

Fire News

Sprinkler System Saves School St Suites

CFD cautions heater users in cold weather to be careful
Mike Bourdon, Assistant Chief, Fire Prevention/Google image

 

School Street apartment block was saved by the building's sprinkler system.

 

n Monday, February 6th, 2017, at approximately 9:45pm, the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 8900-block of School Street.

 

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4. On-arrival fire crews reported seeing smoke from a 2nd storey apartment window of a 4-storey multi-tenant residential apartment.

 

The sprinkler system was primarily responsible for extinguishing the fire, minimizing fire damage to the tenantís unit. The tenant was home at the time of the fire. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries.

 

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental.

 

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind residents not to leave combustibles near any heat sources. Keep combustibles at least 3 feet away from heat sources.

 

 

 

© 2008-2017 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved