Home     Nov News      Horoscopes       Crime      Fishing Report      Letters  

 

 

  Thursday, Dec 21, 2017 


 

Fire News

Fire Cooks Stove

Resident uses fire extinguisher on

in kitchen fire

By Chris Wilson, Asst. Fire Chief

 

n December 19th, 2017, at approximately 6pm, the Department was dispatched to a reported residential structure fire in the 9700-block of Corbould Street.

Firefighters responded from Hall 1 and upon arrival, discovered a minor fire on the stove in the kitchen of the home that had been extinguished prior to the arrival of fire crews.

Due to the use of a portable fire extinguisher by the quick-thinking occupants of the home, damage from the fire was limited to the stove and the immediate area around the stove.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries reported.

The Chilliwack Fire Department would like to remind the public to exercise caution when cooking food and also recommends that all homes have a multi-purpose, dry chemical labelled ABC portable fire extinguisher installed near an escape route and away from any potential fire hazards.

 

 

 


2008-2017 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved