Friday August 25, 2017
Last Leg a New Stroll
Community lauds final link in the Trans Canada Trail Aug 26
By Lindsay Olsen, ICBC
Lake Park is hosting a Ligh
captured on a multimedia platform and published online. The event is generously sponsored by Canada 150 and Cultus Lake Waterpark and Cultus Lake Adventure Park.
Light Up the Great Trail for Canada 150! Cultus Lake Park:
This will be a FREE family event with food, entertainment and giveaways. At dusk attendees of all ages will walk or bike the Main Beach waterfront path carrying glowing lights. There will be glow stick give-aways to ensure everyone has a light to shine. And the grand finale will feature a Canada 150 fireworks display! Photos and videos of this magical evening will provide a spectacular finale to the Celebrate the Great Trail cross Canada event website.
We will be decorating parts of the path and we encourage residents to dust off those Christmas lights and decorate in patriotic red and white - join the fun and let your Canada 150 lights shine!
Schedule of Activities
• 6:30 pm at Main Beach
• Close Up Magic by Damien Carriere, fantastical balloon twisting by Matt Johnson, Tunes by Star FM Cruiser
• Corn, Hotdogs and Canada 150 cupcakes at Gazebo, while they last - 8:00 pm at Main Beach
• Glow Stick give-aways at Gazebo, while they last - 8:00 pm at foot of Balsam St
• Live music - 8:30 pm along the waterfront trail. Light up the trail walk
• Fireworks finale! - 9:00 pm