Monday, August 5, 2013

Fire News

Sofa Trouble

Downtown streets blocked after fire and gas leak

Staff/Voice photos


Nowel Street was temporarily shut down while crews dealt with a gas leak Monday.


he Chilliwack Fire Department and RCMP responded to a couch fire outside the Bibles For Missions second hand store on Nowell Street at around 10 p.m. on Monday.

 

When crews doused the blaze, they discovered that a gas main had melted off the blackened brick wall.

 

Terasen Gas dispatched a representative to assess the situation.

 

Firefighters entered and vented the building.

 

BC Ambulance Service attended and thankfully there were no injuries in this potentially dangerous situation.

 

 

Copyright (c) 2013 The Valley Voice