Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fire Dept News

Shed Fire

No injuries, cooking the cause of blaze

Released by Fire Chief Ian Josephson, CFD

 

t 9:54am, firefighters from Chilliwack fire halls 1, 2, 4 and 6 responded to a structure fire in the 42000 block of Old Orchard Road.

 

When firefighters arrived they discovered a fully involved detached, wood frame shed and fire extending into a 2 storey house.

Firefighters managed to knock the fire down and minimize damage to the house. Access to the residential property was difficult due to the steep, narrow driveway. The shed was completely destroyed with relatively minor fire and smoke damage to the house.

There were no firefighter injuries.

Three adults were in their home and safely evacuated.

Cause of the fire is considered accidental and is related to cooking in the shed.

 

Copyright (c) 2013 The Valley Voice