Tuesday, March 21, 2017

  Monday, April 3, 2017 

Fire News

Saving Lives

CFD stress the importance of smoke detectors

Andrew Brown, Asst. Fire Chief/File photo

 

Firefighters battle blaze on Fourth Ave. Voice file photo.

 

n March 31, 2017, at approximately 8pm, the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire located in the 8500-block of McCutcheon Ave.

 

Occupants were home at the time of the fire. An occupant in the main floor laundry room was alerted by the activation of the smoke alarm to a fire in the bedroom. The occupants quickly evacuated the home and called 911.

Firefighters responded from Halls 1 and 4, on arrival, reported seeing black smoke and flames venting from the main floor of this two story residential home. Fire crews setup an offensive attack and quickly brought the fire under control.

The home suffered fire and smoke damage to the interior of the structure.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

This fire appears to be accidental and is under investigation by Chilliwack Fire Department.

Chilliwack Fire Department wants to remind the public that working smoke alarms provide an early warning of a fire, giving people additional escape time. Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.

 


2008-2017 The Valley Voice News | All Rights Reserved